This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Wondering what to do with leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving? Make cranberry sauce muffins! They’re whole-wheat, dairy-free, and egg-free muffins using leftover orange cranberry sauce. Even though my cranberry sauce is tasty, I always seem to have leftovers. The muffins freeze great too. Store in a freezer-safe container for future snacking or breakfast.
Predominately the flavor for these muffins is coming from the flavor-packed orange cranberry sauce. So, if your sauce doesn’t have orange juice in it, try adding the zest of an orange to the dry ingredients. If you're using canned cranberry sauce, whisk the sauce to smooth it out before adding it to the muffin mix.
How to make cranberry sauce muffins
Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, in a separate bowl whisk the wet ingredients together (except the cranberry sauce). Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the wet mixture.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients just until they come together. Then gently fold in the leftover cranberry sauce.
Portion off in 12 lined or greased muffin cups. Then bake for 21-24 minutes at 350 F (180 C), or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Tip: the muffins stick to paper liners, so I would recommend using silicone muffin liners, or lightly spray with cooking spray then use a paper towel to spread the oil in each muffin cup.
Tip for Measuring Flour
Flour can compress in storage which can create a densely packed measured cup. Use a spoon to scoop out the flour and into your measuring cup. Don’t pack it down, and use the back of a butter knife to level off the top of the measuring cup.
More Whole-Wheat Flour RecipesPrint
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Make cranberry sauce muffins out of leftover orange cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. Healthier whole-wheat and vegan muffins for snacks or breakfast.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk (from the can, shake and stir contents before measuring)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup orange cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C)
- Line or grease a 12-cup muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined, then fold in the orange cranberry sauce, and combine but be careful to not overmix.
- Fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 21-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Predominately the flavor for these muffins is coming from the flavor-packed orange cranberry sauce. So, if your sauce doesn’t have orange juice in it, try adding the zest of an orange to the dry ingredients.
If you're using canned cranberry sauce, whisk it to break up the large pieces and smooth it out before adding it to the muffin mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 21 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: uses for leftover cranberry sauce
Leave a Reply