Make cranberry sauce muffins out of leftover orange cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. Healthier whole-wheat and vegan muffins for snacks or breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180C)
- Line or grease a 12-cup muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined, then fold in the orange cranberry sauce, and combine but be careful to not overmix.
- Fill 12 muffin cups and bake for 21-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Predominately the flavor for these muffins is coming from the flavor-packed orange cranberry sauce. So, if your sauce doesn’t have orange juice in it, try adding the zest of an orange to the dry ingredients.
If you're using canned cranberry sauce, whisk it to break up the large pieces and smooth it out before adding it to the muffin mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 21 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: uses for leftover cranberry sauce