Oil-free granola sweetened with ripe bananas and dates.
- ½ cup dates (pitted)
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raw walnuts or pecans (chopped)
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- If the dates are firm soak the dried fruit in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 275˚F (135˚C).
- Drain the dates. Then add the dates, bananas, and applesauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, and all seasonings in a large bowl.
- Then add the blended mixture to the bowl and stir to combine everything.
- Spread the mixture onto two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicon mats.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and then store in an air tight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade granola, oil free granola, vegan granola