Creamy nacho cheese on salty and crunchy tortilla chips piled high with all the fixin’s to make any plate of nachos all that much more delectable.
- Tortillas chips
- 1 medium potato peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot peeled and cubed
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked and drained)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6-8 pickled jalapenos
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Make the cheese sauce
- Soak the raw cashews in hot water for at least 10 minutes for a high-speed blender or overnight for other blenders.
- Boil the potato and carrot for 10 minutes or until the carrot is fork-tender.
- Drain the potato and carrot and add them to a blender.
- Drain the cashews and add to the blender, along with all of the other ingredients for the nacho cheese.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the cheese sauce is still warm from the cooked potatoes and carrots then there’s no need to warm it up, if needed warm up in a small pot.
- Warm up the beans in a sauce pan with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Top the tortilla chips with warm vegan nacho cheese and beans.
- Then top the nachos with your favorite toppings.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan nachos with beans, vegan nachos with cheese