Rich and cheesy vegan sausage balls. Classic holiday appetizer veganized!
- 14 ounces vegan ground sausage (I used Lightlife Gimme Lean Plant-Based Ground Sausage)
- 8 ounces vegan shredded cheese (I used Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons of plant-based milk (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C)
- Mix the whole-wheat flour, salt, baking powder, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the vegan sausage and vegan shredded cheese to the bowl and mix it into the flour with your hands while breaking up the sausage.
- If the mixture is too dry add a tablespoon of milk at a time to help combine everything together.
- Roll out 1 ½ inch size sausage balls and place them on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetarian sausage balls, vegan sausage balls, lightlife sausage balls, gimme lean sausage balls, vegan holiday appetizers