Dreamy-creamy banana ice cream made with just one simple ingredient.
- 4 frozen bananas sliced into 1/2 inch coins before freezing
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (if needed)
- Put the bananas into the food processor (or blender), thaw partly for a few minutes for the fruit to puree easier.
- Start by pulsing to break up the frozen banana, then increase the speed and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor (or blender) as needed.
- This will take a few minutes to blend up, start with a 1/4 cup of milk if the bananas are not pureeing and add more only if needed.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid for scoop-able nice cream.
- Once firm, if the nice cream is too solid to serve, let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes to soften before scooping.
The amount of milk you need depends on how powerful your blender is.
The amount of time needed to partially thaw the bananas before pureeing depends on how thick your slices are.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus freezing time)
- Category: Dessert
- Method: blender or food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana nice cream, banana ice cream, what is nice cream made of