Easy carrot cake energy balls sweetened with just dates and raisins. Perfect for a healthy snack!
- 1 large carrot (116 g), roughly chopped
- ½ cup (70 g) raw cashews
- ½ cup (88 g) tightly packed pitted soft dates (soak for 15 minutes if your dates are firm)
- 1½ cup (135 g) old fashioned oats
- ½ cup (45 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (40g) raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup (30 g) unsweetened shredded coconut for rolling (optional)
- If your dates are firm and not soft and mushy, soak for 10-15 minutes, then drain and proceed with the recipe.
- Add the chopped carrots to a food processor and blend until finely diced.
- Add the cashews and dates to the carrots, and blend until finely diced. Scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Add the oats, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, raisins, cinnamon, and ginger to the carrot mixture, and blend. Blend until the dough sticks together and everything is combined. If the dough is not coming together try to blend for a little longer, if it is still not sticky then add a tablespoon of water and blend again.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it between your palms to form a ball. Optional: roll in unsweetened shredded coconut to make them look pretty.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
If you're not using a scale make sure to tightly pack your 1/2 cup of dates for a more accurate measurement.
Make sure the dates are soft and mushy if not soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot snacks, carrot cake balls vegan