Creamy cherry overnight oats with almond butter for busy mornings or to just be able to have a cold breakfast on warm days.
- 1/2 cup (45 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup (70 g) frozen sweet pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) almond butter
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) ground flax-seed
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
Vegan chocolate chips
- Thaw the cherries in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave. If using the microwave, let them cool before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
- For smaller pieces of cherries in the overnight oats, smash the thawed cherries in a bowl with the back of a fork or in the individual containers.
- There will probably be cherry juice separating from the cherries, don’t discard it, add the juice to the oats with the cherries.
- To a jar or container with a lid add all of the ingredients (along with the excess cherry juice) and stir to combine.
- Store covered overnight or at least two hours to thicken up.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice to help preserve the cherry color.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- soaking overnight: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cherry overnight oats, cherry almond overnight oats, overnight oats with cherries, chocolate cherry overnight oats