This chocolate baked oatmeal with peanut butter is sweetened with maple syrup, applesauce, and a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- 2 cups (190 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup (30 g) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) ground flaxseed
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups (394 ml) dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup (123 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons (46 g) peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (40 g) vegan chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 35o F (180 C).
- Mix the rolled oats, cocoa powder, ground flax seed, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Then stir in the dairy-free milk, applesauce, maple syrup, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 glass baking dish and evenly spread the mixture out.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes or until the middle is almost set and the edges have firmed up.
- Let the baked oats cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- They're soft right out of the oven but they firm up as they cool.
Use rolled oats, not steel-cut or quick-cooking variations.
Be sure to use ground flax seed, not whole.
Place the uncooked mixture promptly into a preheated oven before the oats start to soak up the dairy-free milk.
If you don’t use a glass baking dish, then lightly grease a baking tray.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate baked oatmeal, baked chocolate oatmeal