These soft-baked raisin oatmeal bars are made with simple ingredients and are perfect for breakfast or snack time. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free!
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup (240 ml) dairy-free milk
- 2 cups (180 g) old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) unsweetened applesauce (or 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80 g) raisins
- 1/4 cup (32 g) chopped walnuts or pecan
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Line an 8x8 inch glass baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Stir the ground flaxseed into the milk, and let gel for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt) in a large bowl.
- Then add the milk mixture, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until the top has browned slightly and firmed up.
- Cool the oatmeal bars for 10-15 minutes in the baking dish then using the sides of the parchment paper as little handles transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Once cooled cut into bars. If using cooking spray instead of parchment paper, let the oats cool completely in the pan to firm up, then cut into bars.
- Portion into squares, and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freeze for later.
Make sure you are using ground flax seeds not whole flax seeds.
If using parchment paper, it sometimes holds moisture on the bottom of the oatmeal bars. Removing the bars with the parchment paper to continue cooling on a wire rack will help the bars from getting soggy.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Breakfast, dessert, snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan oatmeal bars, healthy oatmeal bars, breakfast oatmeal bars, raisin oatmeal bars