These vegan peanut noodles are loaded with crunchy veggies and topped with a creamy-savory peanut sauce.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ inch fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup water, if needed (* see note below)
- 8 ounces uncooked flat brown rice noodles
- 2 large carrots peeled into ribbons, use a vegetable peeler to peel the carrot into ribbons
- 2 cups of shredded red cabbage
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- Chopped roasted peanuts or cashews
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- More crushed red pepper
- Cook the noodles: prepare the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Once prepared, drain, then rinse under cold water. I continue to drain them after rinsing to remove any excess liquid from rinsing.
- Prep the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce together, or blend together in a blender.
- Mix: In a large bowl, toss the cooled noodles, carrots, cucumber, cabbage, and sauce together.
- Serve: add crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro, or enjoy it as is
*Rinsing the noodles, even after draining still adds excess water to the sauce and diluting it. If you substitute with whole wheat pasta, then add 1/4 of water to thin out the sauce.
I use natural peanut butter, which is typically either just peanuts or peanuts and salt. Using peanut butter with added oils and sweeteners may alter the taste and consistency of the peanut dipping sauce.
I only tested with brown rice noodles, white rice noodles, and whole wheat pasta.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Thai inspired
Keywords: cold peanut noodles, easy peanut noodles, peanut noodles vegan, spicy peanut sauce noodles