This is an easy recipe for crispy oven-baked oil-free tofu using simple ingredients.
- 1 (14 ounces) extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Press tofu for at least 20-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C)
- Slice the tofu into cubes.
- Add the tofu, tamari (or soy sauce), cornstarch, and garlic powder to a bowl and gently toss. I like to sprinkle the cornstarch over the tofu so it doesn't clump in one area.
- Place the tofu on a baking tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- If your tofu is vacuumed packed with no liquid, you probably won't need to drain or press.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American, Chinese
Keywords: baked tofu oil free, baked tofu, oil free tofu