Simple sandwich piled high with a rainbow of veggies flavored with roasted red pepper hummus and a little tang from pickled banana peppers.
- 4 slices whole-grain bread (or 2 hoagie rolls)
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1 avocado (sliced and deseeded)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced into coins)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 red onion thinly (sliced)
- Spinach or lettuce
- A few pickled banana peppers
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- Spread a few tablespoons of hummus on a slice of bread or hoagie roll. I like to add the cucumber slices on top of the hummus, so they don’t fall out.
- Then pile high with all the toppings, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan picnic sandwiches, easy vegan lunch