This homemade fruit salad tossed in lime juice is a delectable combination of sweet and tart for a refreshing healthy vegan side dish.
- 2 bananas, sliced into coins
- 2 cups (300 g) red grapes, halved
- 2 cups (260 g) strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (190 g) mandarin oranges segments, I use the ones from a jar packed in juice
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced (about 2 tablespoons of juice)
- If you’re using mandarin oranges from a jar, drain before measuring.
- Then add the sliced bananas, grapes, strawberries, oranges, and kiwis to a large bowl.
- Zest the lime, then juice it and add it to the fruit.
- Toss and serve, it’s best consumed the day it’s made.
The fruit can all be chopped one day in advance, except for the banana. Wait to toss with the lime juice and zest until the day you serve the salad.
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish
- Method: by hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade fruit salad, vegan fruit salad, easy fruit salad