How to roast potatoes without oil for an easy side dish to almost any meal.
- 4 medium ((2.2 pounds)(967 g)) russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Then chop the potatoes into small bite-size chunks, about 3/4-1 inch.
- Use a silicone mat or parchment paper so the potatoes do not stick to the cookie sheet.
- Add the potatoes to the mat after cutting while they are still damp.
- Add the seasonings to the potatoes and toss them to disperse the seasonings.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes start to brown and parts will puff up. To check for doneness pierce one with a paring knife, it should give a little resistance and slide off the knife with ease. Timing will depend on the size of the potatoes.
Don’t overcrowd the potatoes, spread them out in a single layer.
Dice all of the potatoes the same size.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: oil free roasted potatoes