How to roast pumpkin seeds from your carved pumpkin from Halloween for a healthy treat.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups water
- seeds from one medium to large pumpkin
- your favorite seasoning
- cooking spray or aquafaba (for oil-free cooking)
- Scoop out the seeds from your pumpkin and separate them from the pumpkin pulp.
- Soak your seeds overnight in a brine made from 3 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Drain the seeds and let them dry, for around five hours, or until they are dry. They need to be dry so they roast and not steam.
- Once the seeds are dry, spritz with cooking spray or use aquafaba (for oil-free cooking), just enough to lightly coat the seeds, then add your favorite seasonings.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roast at 325°F (160°C) for 20-25 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Let the seeds cool completely before storing them.
- For every 3 cups of water, I use 2 tablespoons of salt. Adjust the amount of water and salt needed if it doesn't cover the amount of seeds you're roasting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (+ soaking and drying time)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy pumpkin seed recipes, how to prepare pumpkin seeds for eating