This recipe is warm and cozy, plus it’s super easy to make these instant pot apple steel cut oats. The oatmeal is lightly sweetened with raisins and cooked apples, making it naturally sweet.
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Ground flaxseed
- Fresh berries
- Chopped walnut or pecans
- Add all of the ingredients to the instant pot, stir to combine.
- Move the venting valve to seal, and set the pressure cooker to manual or high for 4 minutes for firmer oats or 8 minutes for softer oats. Turn off the keep warm function. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- Let it naturally release pressure, which will take about 20-25 minutes, or manually release the pressure through the vent after it has naturally depressurized after 15 minutes. Stir to combine everything.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- pressure release: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: instant pot, stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: instant pot apple steel cut oats, apple steel cut oats, apple cinnamon steel cut oats