This instant pot pumpkin oatmeal is easy to make and packed with fall flavors.
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced banana
- Ground flaxseed
- Toasted pecans or walnuts
- Mix the steel-cut oats, milk, water, pumpkin pie spice, salt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in the instant pot.
- Then plop spoonfuls of the pumpkin puree into the oats, but don’t stir. When I stirred mine into the oats, the oats burned a little on the bottom of the pot (still edible though).
- Move the venting valve to seal, and set the pressure cooker to manual or high for 8 minutes. Turn off the keep warm function. It may take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- When the oats are done naturally release pressure, but if you don’t want to wait it should be fine to manually release any remaining pressure after 15 minutes (by turning the venting to valve from seal to vent).
- Mix well to combine the pumpkin puree with the oats. The oats will thicken as they cool.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- come to pressure: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes (depressurize + 15 minutes)
- Category: breakfast
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin steel cut oats