This island green smoothie uses refreshing coconut water and fresh lime juice for a little tang.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut water
- 2 cups fresh spinach or kale, stem removed
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Best if served immediately.
If using fresh pineapple or fresh mango, use frozen bananas to have a chilled smoothie.
If you are using all fresh fruit, try adding ice cubes to make it a chilled smoothie (this may dilute the smoothie as the crushed ice melts).
If your blender doesn’t puree kale leaves very well, try adding them and the liquid first and puree, then add the fruit.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: island green smoothie, island green tropical smoothie, Tropical smoothie island green recipe