Easy, vegan, and oil-free lemon blueberry baked oatmeal cups! Sweetened with ripe banana and maple syrup making them perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert.
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 banana)
- 1 cup (237 ml) dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (270 g) old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (117 g) frozen blueberries or fresh
- 1/3 cup (40 g) chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Line your 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners or lightly oil the cups of the muffin tray.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana. Then mix in the milk, maple syrup, ground flaxseed, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Let it sit and gel for 5-10 minutes while you prep your pan and mix the dry ingredients.
- To a large bowl, add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt then mix to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and frozen blueberries.
- Fill a 12-cup muffin tin with the oatmeal mixture.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until the tops have lightly browned and have firmed up.
- Let them cool in the tray for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator.
The 1/2 cup mashed banana can be replaced with 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce.
They don't rise much, so each muffin cup will be filled to the top.
After adding the oat mixture to the tray, pressing down on the top of the mixture helps to submerge any pieces of oats or walnuts so they get cooked into the mixture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 28-32 minutes
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: Lemon blueberry oatmeal cups, baked blueberry lemon oatmeal muffin cups, lemon blueberry baked oatmeal cups