This creamy lemon herb tahini sauce is packed with flavor and comes together in about 10 minutes.
- 1/3 cup tahini, stir before measuring
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- Pinch of allspice, optional
- 1/3 cup ice-cold water
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small or medium bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, garlic, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt, cumin, pepper, and allspice.
- Then whisk in cold water to thin, start with 4 tablespoons then add more if needed.
- Then stir in chopped cilantro, taste, and adjust for seasoning.
To make this in a blender, blend together the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic clove, maple syrup, salt, cumin, pepper, and allspice until smooth. Small blenders work well for dressings and small amounts of sauces. Then pulse in the cilantro (no need to pre-chop it), just until it’s chopped up and not pureed.
How much water you’ll need depends on how thick or thin your tahini is and your desired consistency.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: sauces, dips
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: lemon herb tahini, lemon herb tahini dressing.