Easy and simple one-pot Mexican inspired brown rice.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1¾ cups water (plus a couple of extra tablespoons as needed)
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the brown rice, water, salsa, cumin, and salt to a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook covered for 40 minutes or until the rice is done. If your salsa is very chunky you may need a couple of extra tablespoons of water.
- When the rice is cooked remove it from the heat and keep the lid on to steam for 10 minutes. Then fluff the rice and garnish with fresh cilantro for more flavor.
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy mexican brown rice, what to use brown rice for