Enjoy this mixed berry cheesecake overnight oats recipe as a sweet treat for breakfast! They’re served cold and work great for a grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings.
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries, thawed (or fresh)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If using frozen berries, thaw and partially mash the mixed berries to break some up and leave some whole. I pop the berries in the microwave for 30 seconds and let them cool while I prep the oats and wait for the oats to thicken. Use a jar or a container with a lid. If using fresh mixed berries, just add them to the top of the oats before consuming them.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, milk, dairy-free cream cheese, ground flax seed, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together. Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken up before layering your oats, if you’re not layering then there's no need to wait.
- Then top the thawed mixed berries with the oat mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
To thaw frozen berries, pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds or until almost thawed. Let them cool if they're warm. They can also be thawed in the fridge overnight.
I tested the recipe with the classic plain version of Miyoko’s cashew milk cream cheese.
If you substitute with a cream cheese that is sweet, you may want to reduce the maple syrup.
If your cream cheese is thick, make sure to mix well into the oats so you don’t get clumps of cream cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: berry cheesecake overnight oats, mixed berry cheesecake overnight oats