Vegan one-bowl soft-baked orange cranberry oatmeal bars. They’re sweetened with maple syrup and orange juice, and tart from the flavor-packed zest of a navel orange.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (120 mL) (about 1 large navel orange)
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) dairy-free milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (190 g) old fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- 1/3 cup (50 g) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (40 g) pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) ground flax-seed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F(180 C).
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal, better cooling, and cutting.
- Mix the wet ingredients together, then add in the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly so everything is combined well.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, smooth the oat mixture, and lightly press down making sure it’s even.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until the top firms up and has lightly browned. It won’t be completely firm, it should give a little but not be goopy.
- If using parchment paper, cool for about 5 minutes, then lift out the oats bars to a cooling rack. Otherwise, the bars might get soggy on the bottom.
- Then cool completely, cut into 9 squares, and store any leftovers in the refrigerator. They actually taste really good cold!
More tips and in-depth info in the blog post.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soft baked oatmal bars, oatmeal bars vegan, cranberry oatmeal bars vegan