This vegan cranberry sauce is sweetened with orange juice and maple syrup, with a touch of cinnamon.
- 10 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 large orange zested and juiced (about ½ cup juice)
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse the cranberries, and discard bruised or squishy ones.
- Zest your orange before juicing it.
- Then, to a small sauce pot, add the cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, water, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer, cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The cranberries will start to pop and the liquid will thicken.
- The sauce will continue to thicken while cooling.
- Let cool completely before storing or serving.
Usually, all of the berries won’t pop, the consistency is up to you. If you prefer some whole, leave some whole. If not use the back of a wooden spoon and carefully press the unpopped berries up against the side of the pot.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make orange cranberry sauce, vegan cranberry sauce