Paprika hummus is smoky, sweet, and creamy. It’s easy to make and packed with flavor using roasted red peppers and smoked paprika.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup sliced jarred roasted red pepper or homemade roasted red peppers
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/8 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup of ice cold water, if needed
- Add a peeled clove of garlic to a food processor and blitz until it’s chopped finely.
- Then add the chickpeas, roasted red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper to the food processor and blend until smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
- If you prefer a thinner hummus, while the food processor is running add a tablespoon of ice cold water at a time to thin out.
- Taste and season if needed, add more salt, smoked paprika, cumin, or lemon juice.
- I think the hummus tastes best once chilled, but it does thicken up and the smokiness will mellow out. After it’s chilled you can always add more smoked paprika.
My homemade roasted red bell peppers weren’t as acidic as jarred ones, so I add 5 tablespoons of lemon juice if I roasted the peppers myself.
1 cup of roasted red peppers is roughly 2 medium-sized peppers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dips
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: mediterranean inspired
Keywords: paprika hummus, smoked paprika hummus