Vegan roasted sweet potato bowls with kale and chickpeas topped with a smoky tahini dressing. This vegetable bowl recipe works great for meal prepping or a healthy filling oil-free dinner.
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1.73 lbs (785 g)) scrubbed clean, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges or large dice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (the spice blend not cayenne pepper or chili flakes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5–6 cups fresh kale (or your favorite greens), stems removed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces (426 g)) chickpeas or your favorite can beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 recipe for smoky tahini dressing
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- Pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven 425 F (220 C).
- Toss the sweet potato with apple cider vinegar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Lift the vegetables out of the bowl, leaving any extra liquid behind, and spread out on a silicone mat or parchment paper-lined baking tray (for oil-free roasting).
- Add the red onion to the tray and toss with the sweet potato.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes stirring halfway through, or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife.
- While the vegetables are roasting cook your quinoa according to the package directions and make your tahini dressing.
- When ready to assemble add your desired amount of roasted vegetables, quinoa, chickpeas, and greens to a bowl. Then top with tahini dressing.
The sweet potatoes may take longer to roast, it depends on how large of a cut they are.
Nutritional information is a rough estimate.
- Category: main course
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet potato bowl, Sweet potato vegan recipes, Roasted sweet potato bowl, Roasted sweet potato and chickpeas