This whole food plant-based chili uses two types of beans and quinoa to give it a hearty texture. Simmer everything together in a slow cooker with some delightful spices for an easy filling dinner.
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cups salt-free vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (the spice blend not cayenne pepper or chili flakes)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer and drain any excess liquid.
- Then add the quinoa and the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 2.5-3 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low until the quinoa is done.
I use salt-free vegetable broth and salt-free chili powder, if you don’t you may need to adjust the salt in the recipe. Start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more if needed.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hrs
- Category: Main Course
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan quinoa chili, slow cooker vegan chili, plant based quinoa chili