This refreshing zesty quinoa salad uses simple ingredients, fresh lime juice, and cilantro to brighten up this black bean quinoa bowl, making it light and flavorful.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cook the rinsed quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Fluff the quinoa and let it cool to room temperature, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine, then taste and adjust seasonings to suit your preferences.
If prepping ahead of time, wait on adding the avocado until you’re ready to serve.
Rinsing the quinoa may be skipped if the package says "pre-rinsed."
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zesty quinoa salad, zesty black bean quinoa bowl