This refreshing zesty quinoa salad uses simple ingredients, fresh lime juice, and cilantro to brighten up this black bean quinoa bowl, making it light and flavorful.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cook the rinsed quinoa according to the instructions on the package. When it's done fluff the quinoa and let it cool to room temperature.
- Then mix in the rest of the ingredients and the cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
- Stir gently to combine, then taste and adjust seasonings to suit your preferences.
If prepping ahead of time wait on adding the avocado until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zesty quinoa salad, zesty black bean quinoa bowl