This refreshing southwest quinoa bowl uses simple ingredients, fresh lime juice, and cilantro to brighten up this summer salad, making it light and flavorful.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cook the rinsed quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Fluff the quinoa and let it cool to room temperature, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir gently to combine, then taste and adjust seasonings to suit your preferences.
If prepping ahead of time wait on adding the avocado until ready to serve.
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quinoa salad with black beans, quinoa salad with avocado, vegan quinoa salad