This creamy vegan chipotle sauce uses simple ingredients to make a flavor-packed condiment. It’s easy, smoky, spicy, and dairy-free!
- 1/2 cup (70 g) raw cashews, soaked
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) water
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the soaked cashews and the rest of the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. If you prefer it thinner, add more water.
Soak the cashews overnight or in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
You may need 1-2 lemons to get 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Cashew sauces will thicken after chilling in the fridge, stir in a little water to thin them out.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dips
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan chipotle sauce, vegan chipotle mayo