These vegan raspberry muffins are oil-free, wholesome, and easy to make. They’re flavorful and moist using whole wheat flour, maple syrup, and applesauce.
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour, spooned and leveled (or white whole wheat or all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (82 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 g) fresh raspberries (or frozen but don’t thaw)
- 1/3 cup (55 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone muffin cups or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, applesauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a fork stir until the flour is about halfway mixed in. Then add the chocolate chips and raspberries, using a silicone spatula gently fold everything until just combined (it doesn’t need to be perfectly smooth).
- Then promptly, evenly distribute the batter into the muffin tray. Bake for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the tray, then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Folding the raspberries and chocolate chips into the batter instead of stirring them in to help not over mix.
Weigh ingredients in baking (especially flour) for more accurate results.
2 cups of all-purpose flour will be 250 grams.
2 cups white whole wheat flour will be 250 grams.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan raspberry muffins, dairy free raspberry muffins, egg-less raspberry muffins