This instant pot wheat berries tutorial is a fuss-free way to cook these whole grains.
- 1 cup (180 g) hard red winter wheat berries
- 3 cups (709 ml) water
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Rinse the wheat berries in a colander and drain.
- Add the rinsed wheat berries and water to an instant pot and close the lid.
- Move the venting valve to seal, and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. It may take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- When time is up let them naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to venting.
- Drain the wheat berries and use them.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- time to pressurize/depressurize: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: breakfast, main course
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: instant pot wheat berries, how to cook wheat berries in the instant pot