These applesauce overnight oats are perfect for meal prep and easy to put together. The recipe uses pumpkin pie spice and almond butter to make the oatmeal taste a little more like apple pie.
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter, optional
- Mix all of the ingredients in a jar or a container with a lid (except for any toppings).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but overnight is best.
- Before consuming give the oats a little stir and top with any toppings or leave as is.
How much maple syrup you need depends on how sweet your applesauce is and how sweet you want your oats. Adjust to suit your preferences.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (+ 2 hours of soaking)
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: applesauce overnight oats, overnight oats applesauce, overnight oats with applesauce