Colorful and healthy vegan burrito bowl made with Mexican brown rice, seasoned black beans, and loads of veggies.
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or the juice of half a lime)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 recipe of Mexican brown rice (3 cups)
- 2 cups thawed frozen or fresh corn
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, sliced or mashed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- Fresh spinach or kale
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Make a serving of Mexican brown rice. It will take about 40 minutes so start it first.
- Add the black beans, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and cumin to a small pot and warm up the beans.
- Add the Mexican brown rice, black beans, and corn to a bowl.
- Then top it with mashed or sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, spinach or kale, and salsa.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: burrito bowl meal prep, vegan burrito bowl, vegan burrito bowl with black beans