This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This healthy vegan burrito bowl is an easy weeknight meal that’s full of veggies, grains, and beans. It can be altered to add any kind of vegetables you desire: sautéed peppers, sautéed mushrooms, roasted corn, or roasted potatoes. The black beans can even be substituted with vegan oil-free refried beans. My family and I have this often for dinner and I use Mexican brown rice to add some more flavor to the dish. Top the dish with mashed avocado and salsa to create a southwest dressing for your burrito bowl.
To make the dish even quicker for weeknight meals, make the rice ahead of time. The rice, beans, and corn keep great in the refrigerator for leftovers for the next day. When you are ready to eat just warm them up, then add the fresh veggies to build the burrito bowl. Wait on mashing the avocados until you are ready to eat since they don't keep well in the refrigerator.
To keep black beans oil-free add a splash of water or vegetable broth to the pot if they start to stick. Canned beans are already cooked so just warm them up and evaporate any liquid.
More Nourishing Recipes
- Taco Bowl
- Vegan Sushi Bowl
- Chickpea Vegetable Rice Bowl
- Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowl
- Roasted Sweet Potato Bowl
I hope you enjoy the recipe!Print
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Colorful and healthy vegan burrito bowl made with Mexican brown rice, seasoned black beans, and loads of veggies.
- 2 cans (15 ounces) black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or the juice of half a lime)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 recipe of Mexican brown rice (3 cups)
- 2 cups thawed frozen or fresh corn
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, sliced or mashed)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- Fresh spinach or kale
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Make a serving of Mexican brown rice. It will take about 40 minutes so start it first.
- Add the black beans, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and cumin to a small pot and warm up the beans.
- Add the Mexican brown rice, black beans, and corn to a bowl.
- Then top it with mashed or sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, spinach or kale, and salsa.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: burrito bowl meal prep, vegan burrito bowl, vegan burrito bowl with black beans
Leave a Reply