Zesty pumpkin seeds with a little spice.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Use a silicone mat to help with sticking and place it on a cooking sheet.
- Add the seeds to the mat, then add the juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt (if the seeds are not brined).
- Toss to combine.
- Roast for 12 minutes, then stir, then roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- The seeds should no longer be translucent, they’ll be firm to the touch, and start to brown slightly.
- Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Let them cool completely before storing them.
The time for roasting will vary depending on how big the seeds are, keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
Use raw pumpkin seeds that still have a shell on them. If you substitute with pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) roast for around 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus brining time)
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chili lime pumpkin seeds