This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Chili lime pumpkin seeds taste a little zesty and have a hint of spice. They are a healthy treat for the fall and an excellent way to use those pumpkin seeds from your Jack O’ Lantern.
For this recipe, you can use the leftover seeds from carving a pumpkin or purchase them from the store. I prefer to brine mine before roasting, it helps infuse salt into the seeds. If you choose not to brine, you’ll want to add ½-1 teaspoon of salt. I have another post that you might want to check out that explains how to roast your pumpkin seeds.
Chili Lime Pumpkin Seeds
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Zesty pumpkin seeds with a little spice.
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds (brined or add ½ teaspoon of salt with the seasonings)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (roughly the juice from half a lime)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Use a silicone mat to help with sticking and place it on a cooking sheet.
- Add the seeds to the mat, then add the juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt (if the seeds are not brined).
- Toss to combine.
- Roast for 12 minutes, then stir, then roast for another 10-15 minutes.
- The seeds should no longer be translucent, they’ll be firm to the touch, and start to brown slightly.
- Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Let them cool completely before storing them.
The time for roasting will vary depending on how big the seeds are, keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.
Use raw pumpkin seeds that still have a shell on them. If you substitute with pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) roast for around 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus brining time)
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chili lime pumpkin seeds
Leave a Reply