Two ingredients, no-bake, super simple, fudgy chocolate peanut butter bites. They’re customizable to add all kinds of add-ins and quite fun to experiment and change things up. Everyone can have their own personalized chocolate treat.
- 4 ounces (113 g) semi-sweet chocolate (about 1/2 cup + 2 1/2 tablespoons if using chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- Melt chocolate using a double boiler or the microwave.
- Then stir in the peanut butter until smooth.
- Portion the chocolate into individual servings in muffin liners (silicone or paper), filling them up 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way.
- How many you get will determine how many goodies you add to the mixture.
- Place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until they have firmed up but aren’t frozen. Thaw slightly if they’re too firm. If they stay in overnight or for a few hours they will be frozen and will need to slightly thaw to your desired texture.
- Store in the refrigerator, or use your freezer for longer storage (let thaw slightly before serving).
There’s no added sweetener so make sure to use semi-sweet chocolate otherwise, the treats won’t be sweet.
If your peanut butter does not contain salt, you may want to add a pinch to the chocolate mixture when you add the peanut butter.
I use natural peanut butter that contains just nuts and sometimes salt. If you use peanut butter that contains added oils and sweeteners, it may alter the taste and texture of the treat.
During testing chocolate chips (ex. Enjoy Life) created a firmer texture when compared to using a chocolate bar or a baking chocolate bar (chocolate bars that are made for the purpose of baking).
- Category: dessert
- Method: stove or microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate peanut butter bites, vegan chocolate peanut butter bites, No-bake chocolate peanut butter bites