This is how you make creamy chocolate peanut butter nice cream with bananas for an easy vegan dessert.
- 4 frozen bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch coins before freezing
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Special Dark 100% Cacao)
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free milk (if needed)
- Put the frozen sliced bananas into the food processor (or blender), then the cocoa powder, and peanut butter.
- Start by pulsing to break up the frozen banana, then increase the speed and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor (or blender) as needed. This will take a few minutes to blend up.
- Start with a ¼ cup of milk if the bananas are not pureeing and add more only if needed.
- Serve immediately for a soft-serve consistency or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for about 2 or more hours or until solid enough to scoop.
- Once firm, if the nice cream is too solid to serve, let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes to soften before scooping.
The amount of milk you need depends on how powerful your blender is.
I only tested with natural peanut butter, which only contains peanuts and salt. (If you use peanut butter with additional ingredients, it may alter the flavor.)
If your peanut butter’s only ingredient is peanuts, then you might want to add a pinch of salt to the nice cream when pureeing.
If your banana nice cream sits in the freezer for a long time, it may solidify and become hard. So, for scoop-able nice cream don’t freeze until it’s frozen solid but still soft enough to scoop.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter ice cream, banana soft serve, healthy ice cream recipe