Creamy chocolate peanut butter banana nice cream for a quick vegan dessert.
- 4 frozen bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch coins before freezing
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Special Dark 100% Cacao)
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free milk (if needed)
- Put the bananas into the food processor (or blender), then the cocoa powder, and peanut butter.
- Start by pulsing to break up the frozen banana, then increase the speed and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor (or blender) as needed. This will take a few minutes to blend up.
- Start with a 1/4 cup of milk if the bananas are not pureeing and add more only if needed.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid for scoop-able nice cream.
- Once firm, if the nice cream is too solid to serve, let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes to soften before scooping.
- The amount of milk you need depends on how powerful your blender is.
- I only tested with natural peanut butter, which only contains peanuts and salt.
- If your peanut butter’s only ingredient is peanuts, then you might want to add a pinch of salt to the nice cream when pureeing.
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter ice cream, banana soft serve, healthy ice cream recipe