Creamy chocolate peanut butter banana nice cream for an easy vegan dessert. You only need three simple ingredients (and maybe some milk) to create this delightful flavor combination using frozen sliced bananas.
What’s Nice Cream?
Nice cream is like ice cream, but made from fruit and doesn’t contain dairy. It’s most commonly made with frozen bananas because they get all creamy when they’re blended. To make this banana ice cream extra special here’s a recipe for chocolate peanut butter nice cream, a classic combination.
How to Make Chocolate and Peanut Butter Nice Cream
- Use brown-spotted bananas, this is where the sweetness will come from. The riper the banana the sweeter it gets.
- Peel and slice bananas into coins. Slicing into coins will limit the amount of work your blender or food processor has to do and reduce the need for adding milk. Using smaller pieces also means the nice cream will blend into a creamy dessert quicker.
- Freeze the sliced bananas on a silicone mat or parchment-lined baking tray that will fit in your freezer. Freezing them separately like this will prevent them from sticking together. Once frozen, if you don’t plan on using them right away, store them in a freezer-safe container. They shouldn’t clump since they were already frozen separately.
- If you have a high-speed blender, you might not need any liquid, use the blender’s tamper stick to help push the frozen bananas down to the bottom of the blender. Otherwise, a food processor works great.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you can add milk to the blender or food processor to help get the frozen bananas pureeing or let them thaw partly for about 3-5 minutes to get them soft enough to blend. The banana pieces are small so partly thawing doesn’t take long.
- Serve immediately for soft serve.
- For scoop-able ice cream, store in an airtight container in the freezer for about 2 hours. If it’s too hard to scoop, let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften.
As always, I hope you enjoy the recipe for chocolate peanut butter nice cream! I know my chickpeas sure enjoyed testing the recipe.
Need More Nice Cream Recipes?Print
Creamy chocolate peanut butter banana nice cream for a quick vegan dessert.
- 4 frozen bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch coins before freezing
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Special Dark 100% Cacao)
- 1/4–1/2 cup dairy-free milk (if needed)
- Put the bananas into the food processor (or blender), then the cocoa powder, and peanut butter.
- Start by pulsing to break up the frozen banana, then increase the speed and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor (or blender) as needed. This will take a few minutes to blend up.
- Start with a 1/4 cup of milk if the bananas are not pureeing and add more only if needed.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until solid for scoop-able nice cream.
- Once firm, if the nice cream is too solid to serve, let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes to soften before scooping.
- The amount of milk you need depends on how powerful your blender is.
- I only tested with natural peanut butter, which only contains peanuts and salt.
- If your peanut butter’s only ingredient is peanuts, then you might want to add a pinch of salt to the nice cream when pureeing.
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter ice cream, banana soft serve, healthy ice cream recipe
This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.