The cinnamon raisin vegan microwave oatmeal is ready in 5 minutes. It’s a single serving and perfect when you need a super-simple quick breakfast.
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2- 3/4 cup dairy-free milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 banana, sliced
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Add the oats, raisins, and water or milk to a microwave-safe bowl and stir together. You will need to adjust the water/dairy-free milk to suit your preferences. Start with 1/2 cup for super thick oatmeal, then thin it out after it’s cooked with more milk. Start with 3/4 cup for a thinner porridge, then thin it out after it’s cooked with milk if needed.
- Then microwave for about 2 minutes; depending on your microwave the time may vary.
- Let it sit for a minute or two to cool down.
- Then add the cinnamon, ground flaxseed, maple syrup to taste, and a sliced banana.
- If needed, thin it out with milk to make it creamy.
1/2 cup of water or milk will make the oatmeal very thick. 3/4 cup of water or milk will make the oatmeal thinner.
The bowl needs to be large and deep enough for everything to fit and have room for the oats to boil and not boil over. In the bowls I use, the uncooked oats and liquid take up less than half of the bowl’s capacity.
Please keep in mind that cooking times vary among microwaves.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan microwave oatmeal, vegan oats, vegan porridge