Easy vegan guacamole that uses fresh ingredients for a healthy dairy-free snack.
- 3 avocados
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño finely diced (with or without seeds)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Slice open the avocados, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- The additional ingredients can be added before you mash the avocados or promptly after mashing to prevent browning.
- Mash the avocados with the back of a fork or a potato masher until it reaches your desired texture.
- Add the diced red onion, diced jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and salt (if you haven't done so already) to the mashed avocados and stir to combine.
- Then taste and adjust to your preferences.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container with the leftover red onion half for a couple of days.
The three tablespoons of lime juice can be about 1-2 limes depending on their size and yield of juice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish, Snack
- Method: by hand
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Keywords: vegan guacamole, homemade guacamole