Homemade non-dairy hot chocolate made with only three simple ingredients.
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sugar
Method 1 Stovetop:
- Warm the milk in a pot on the stovetop to desired drinking temperature and whisk in the cocoa powder and maple syrup (or sugar), stirring occasionally until combined.
Method 2 Microwave:
- In a microwave-safe mug or glass measuring cup add the milk, cocoa powder, and maple syrup.
- You can lightly whisk everything together, but the cocoa powder will not mix well in cold milk, so heat it up!
- Heat for 1 minute, then 30-second increments until you get your desired temperature. I like to stir everything in between the increments to help combine everything.
- When your desired temperature is reached, whisk the milk mixture again until the cocoa powder is thoroughly mixed in.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: stovetop, microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy free hot chocolate, homemade hot chocolate