How to roast a head of garlic without oil to add more depth of flavor to your favorite dishes.
- 1 head of garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 F(200 C).
- Cut the head of garlic in half, wrap in aluminum foil with the cut sides up. Seal the foil pouch by folding the fold over itself.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes, until a paring knife can pierce a clove easily, like butter.
- Let them cool completely before handling.
- Squeeze out the garlic from their paper shell, a pairing knife is helpful for scraping-out any remaining bits.
- Can be stored for a couple of days in the refrigerator or freeze for later use.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: How To
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: how do you roast unpeeled garlic, oil-free roasted garlic