Thick and creamy family-friendly lentil soup that only takes 20 minutes.
- Saute the onion, carrot, and celery until the onion is translucent. For oil-free add a splash of water or vegetable broth to deglaze the pan.
- Then add the garlic, herbs (except the bay leaves), and salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the lentils, broth, and the bay leaves to the pot. Stir the lentils so they don't stick to each other.
- Bring the soup to a boil and the lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lentil soup from scratch, red lentil soup