This pico de gallo recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free. It adds a nice freshness and a boost of flavor to tacos, taquitos, and so many other dishes.
- 1/2 of a large white onion, diced (about 1/2 cup diced)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 5 Roma tomatoes, diced (about a 1 lb (453 g))
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- If serving immediately, place the diced onion and diced jalapeño in a bowl, then add the lime juice and let it sit while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and season with pepper to taste.
- Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for a couple of days
Adjust the recipe to fit your taste preference. Prefer more onion or cilantro, add it in there!
1/2 cup of diced onion is about 1 medium onion or 1/2 of a large onion.
Chop the tomatoes small, and finely chop the onion for a more cohesive texture.
The tomatoes will release a lot of liquid so a slotted spoon works great for serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: chop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: fresh pico de gallo, vegan Pico de Gallo