Creamy-dreamy pineapple nice cream made with only three simple ingredients, bananas, pineapple, and lime juice.
- 2 frozen bananas (sliced into 1/2 inch coins before freezing)
- 3 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free milk (if needed)
- Put the frozen fruit into the food processor (or blender), thaw partly for a few minutes for the fruit to puree easier. Add the pineapple first if it’s quite a bit larger than the banana to thaw longer.
- Add the lime juice and start by pulsing to break up the frozen fruit, then increase the speed and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor (or blender) as needed.
- This will take a few minutes to blend up, start with a 1/4 cup of milk if the fruit is not pureeing, and add more only if needed.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid for scoop-able nice cream.
- Once firm, if the nice cream is too solid to serve, let it sit on the counter for about 5-10 minutes to soften before scooping. If you freeze the nice cream overnight or longer it doesn’t scoop very well.
The amount of milk you need depends on how powerful your blender or food processor is.
If you freeze overnight or longer, the banana ice cream may be too firm to scoop.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (plus freezing time)
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender, food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple ice cream, nice cream recipe