This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Creamy-dreamy pineapple nice cream made with only three simple ingredients, bananas, pineapple, and lime juice. No processed sugar, just naturally sweetened with fruit.
I got so excited about how this recipe turned out! It’s simple to put together and oh-so-yummy. Doesn’t a cold fruity dessert just sound delightful on summer evenings?
If you’ve read and made any of my other banana ice creams (banana ice cream, chocolate peanut butter nice cream, or cherry nice cream) you could probably skip over the tips and how-to section. It’s pretty much a repeat of the tips from the other recipes. For more pineapple-inspired frozen treats try pineapple coconut popsicles with lime juice.
Tips and Instructions
- Use brown-spotted bananas, this is where the sweetness will come from. The riper the banana the sweeter it gets. Also the riper the banana the more pronounced the banana flavor is.
- Peel and slice bananas into coins. Slicing into coins will limit the amount of work your blender or food processor has to do and reduce the need for adding milk. Using smaller pieces also means the nice cream will blend into a creamy dessert more quickly.
- Freeze the sliced bananas on a silicone mat or parchment-lined baking tray that will fit in your freezer. Freezing them separately like this will prevent them from freezing in a big clump. Once frozen, if you don’t plan on using them right away, store them in a freezer-safe container. They shouldn’t clump since they were already frozen separately.
- If you have a high-speed blender, you might not need any liquid, use the blender’s tamper stick to help push the frozen bananas and pineapple down to the bottom of the blender.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you can use a food processor or a non-high-speed blender. Partly thaw the frozen pineapple for about 5 minutes, then the frozen banana for a couple more minutes. This is because my store-bought frozen pineapple chunks were larger than my banana slices.
- It depends on how powerful your food processor (or blender) is for how long you need to thaw the fruit. Of course don’t let the fruit completely thaw, because it won’t resemble nice cream, more like a smoothie bowl.
- Add the lime juice and pulse to break up the frozen fruit, then puree until creamy and smooth.
- Add milk to the blender or food processor to help get the frozen bananas and pineapple pureed if your machine is having trouble pureeing them.
- Serve immediately for a soft serve.
- For scoop-able ice cream, transfer fruit puree to an airtight container and freeze for 1-2 hours. If it’s too hard to scoop, let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. If you freeze the nice cream overnight or longer it doesn’t scoop very well.
- Banana ice cream
- Chocolate peanut butter nice cream
- Cherry nice cream
- Pineapple coconut popsicles with lime juice
I hope enjoy the recipe for pineapple nice cream! If you like the recipe, feel free to rate it and leave a comment.Print
Pineapple Nice Cream
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Creamy-dreamy pineapple nice cream made with only three simple ingredients, bananas, pineapple, and lime juice.
- 2 frozen bananas (sliced into ½ inch coins before freezing)
- 3 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼-½ cup dairy-free milk (if needed)
- Put the frozen fruit into the food processor (or blender), thaw partly for a few minutes for the fruit to puree easier. Add the pineapple first if it’s quite a bit larger than the banana to thaw longer.
- Add the lime juice and start by pulsing to break up the frozen fruit, then increase the speed and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor (or blender) as needed.
- This will take a few minutes to blend up, start with a ¼ cup of milk if the fruit is not pureeing, and add more only if needed.
- Serve immediately for soft serve or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid for scoop-able nice cream.
- Once firm, if the nice cream is too solid to serve, let it sit on the counter for about 5-10 minutes to soften before scooping. If you freeze the nice cream overnight or longer it doesn’t scoop very well.
The amount of milk you need depends on how powerful your blender or food processor is.
If you freeze overnight or longer, the banana ice cream may be too firm to scoop.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (plus freezing time)
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: blender, food processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple ice cream, nice cream recipe
This recipe is good!!! It smells amazing when pureeing it and I just loved it!
I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe, and it does smell super good. Thanks for leaving a comment!