Step by step instructions on how to make quick-pickled radishes with only five simple ingredients.
- 8 ounces radishes sliced thinly
- ½ cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2-3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 jalapeno (sliced)
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
- Slice off the tops and bottoms of the radishes, then thinly slice them.
- Next, add the radishes to a glass jar with any flavor components you're using.
- Add the vinegar, water, salt, and maple syrup/sugar to a small pot.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and stir to dissolve the salt and sugar. This will take about 3-5 minutes, once dissolved remove from heat.
- Using a ladle pour the hot liquid into the jar with the radishes.
- Let cool to room temperature and store in the refrigerator with the jar lid on, they’ll keep for weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad, Snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick pickling vegetables, no fermenting pickling