One ingredient sweet potato dog treats, that will taste like a bite of healthy heaven to any dog!
- 1 sweet potato
Method 1 Oven:
- Preheat oven to 250˚ F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes at least ½ cm thick.
- Place the sweet potatoes rounds on a silicone mat or parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Cook for 2½-3 hours.
- Turn the potatoes halfway through.
- Check at the two-hour mark to see if they’re done, then every 15 minutes until they reach your desired crispness.
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Method 2 Food Dehydrator:
- Slice the sweet potatoes ½ cm thick.
- Place the slices on the food dehydrator racks.
- Set the dehydrator to 135˚ F.
- Dry for 6-7 hours, depending on how crunchy you prefer the treats to be.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Inspired by Dog Treat Kitchen
- Category: dog treats
- Method: food dehydrator, oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: How to make sweet potato dog treats, dehydrated sweet potatoes, how to make sweet potato snacks for dogs